What Causes “My” Imbalance?
When tension occurs in our connective tissue (also called fascia), the dis-ease process begins. Being a living being in a dynamic world “causes” whatever your ailment is…..whether it is a physical pain, emotional trauma, spiritual blockage, or mental distress.
Here are some causes of fascial tension:
1) Physical trauma can occur from:
- A whiplash injury from a car accident
- A sports injury
- Any type of accident (motor vehicle, skiing, falling down, etc.)
- The actual birthing process, both for the baby and the mother
Trauma results in:
- Poor blood and lymphatic circulation
- Muscle spasms
- Joint stiffness
- Fascial scarring of the connective tissue
- Energy stagnation (cysts)
- Unresolved emotional memories (emotional scarring at the time of the trauma)
2) Inflammatory process
3) Infectious process
4) Poor posture / poor habitual postures which leads to structural imbalance:
- Muscle imbalance (some contracted too tight and others stretched too long)
- Bone (osseous) restriction
- Muscle guarding (tightening and spasms)
5) Mental stress:
- Sense of Self-worth
Different types of Stress reactions:
- Thought: I can’t do this. This is too much for me.
- Emotional: Fear, Worry, Anger, Overwhelm, Anxiety, etc.
- Behavioral: Becoming aggressive, Staying secluded
- Physiological: fight, flight, or frozen response; this is a nervous system response (sympathetic overdrive)
Mental, emotional, and physical stress can create changes throughout the body creating muscle tension and fascial
disturbances, resulting in:
- Poor posture
- Restricted Range Of Motion
- Abnormal body tension
- A slower healing process
Goals of a BodyMind Therapy session:
- Normalize and bring balance to you and your body and mind.
- Improve how your anatomy and physiology function:
- Better alignment of your systems increases your range of motion and organ function.
- Nerve communication is improved.
- Vascular tone, blood distribution and flow is important for nourishment.
- Lymphatic content and flow in order to release toxins.
- Cerebral Spinal Fluid flow and distribution to promote a healthy brain.
- Intercellular communication and metabolism for cellular health.
- Extracellular communication and metabolism for total body health.
- Provide an optimal environment for healing.
- Improve Your Overall Health of your body and mind
- Improve Your Quality of life.
Views from Orthopedic Medicine and The BodyTalk System, taught by Dr. Kerry D’Ambrogio